Recent Trend

NICK APPEARANCES.....Bravo Toasts Outfest 2007

2
Silver Anniversary for OUTFEST

I am back from Miami, getting ready for my upcoming Resort/Spring 2008 Fashion Show at the W Hotel San Diego(more details to follow!) and catching up on some past events I attended. Two weeks ago, OUTFEST had its 25th Anniversary of showcasing the finest in Gay, Lesbian and Transgender films, here in sunny Los Angeles and I was invited to several accompanying events. First was the Opening Night Gala at the historic Downtown Los Angeles Orpheum Theater, in which I attended with my buddy, Erik. I ran into several OUT socialites, including my favorite Latina, Wilson Cruz (whose body is too ripped for words) and Momma, an LA icon. It's not enough that she runs EC2--one of the greatest costume houses in the world and the home and archives of Mr. Bob Mackie-- Momma defines the word FABULOUS! Erik and I had a fun time, not only watching a great Opening Night film, but also partaking in the after party, traditionally held in the parking lot right behind the Orpheum. In one word, G-G-G-GAY--as in Season 2 designer, Emmett McCarthy's infamous bubblegum pink figure skating costume GAY!

That weekend, I was invited to attend and actually introduce the one and only Tim Gunn, at the Bravo Outfest Party, held at the Hollywood nightspot, Boulevard 3. First, I was honored when I was asked by Bravo to introduce Tim at this party. OK, I was verklempt! Tim arrived to the party with the beautiful Veronica Webb in tow. After my "introduction duties" were done , I enjoyed myself up in the Bravo VIP area with all my friends. There were a lot of Bravo "celebs" from all their different shows, including Work Out, Top Chef, and of course, Project Runway. Two of my favorite Project Runway alum were there, the always FIERCE Robert Best, and Andrae Gonzalo, looking very Resort 2007 in his ensemble. I also ran into one of my favorite trainers from Work Out, the HOT Brian Peeler and chatted a bit. Spotted at the party was the "Queen of All Media", Perez Hilton, who was at one point posing with a cardboard cutout of Heidi and Tim. OK, he was almost humping them! I also got the chance to meet one of my favorite hotties of TV, actor Matt Dallas of Kyle XY. He was, of course, surrounded by a gaggle of pretty young girls. There were many of Tim Gunn's books, "A Guide To Quality Taste and Style" as well as Bravo emblazoned pillows strewn throughout the VIP couches. Let's just say I spotted several Bravo "talent" snatching many of these under their arms-- like Latin mothers at a wedding taking the table centerpiece flower arrangement-- you KNOW what I am talking about! It was a fun party and again, I was honored to have been part of it and celebrate Outfest's Silver Anniversary in Bravo style!

2 Responses to "NICK APPEARANCES.....Bravo Toasts Outfest 2007"

deche3 said...

Cheers from Southamerica
in this moment i am watching project runway season 2, this is the second time that i see this program and i love it

Blue Viale said...

hey nick! love to read your blog...your life style is great!..i'm so jealous :P

keep working

peacE!