Recent Trend

NICK APPEARANCES.....Nick Verreos at Fashion At The Grove

1
Fashion..Under "The Grove" Stars! Boys Under The Stars: Raymundo Baltazar and Nick Verreos pose at The Grove CoOp Barneys New York Fashion Show Last Thursday was a MAJAH (in Victoria Beckham's words) day for me: I was filming all day and had a 4 AM Wake Up Call time! I shot all these fun segments for MSN.com Style Studio and even got to meet the GORGEOUS Victoria's Secret Angel and SpokesGODDESS, Marissa Miller. My day was done around 4 PM, got home, took a "disco nap" and somehow, got the energy to attend a fun fashion show at one of LA's most famous shopping meccas, The Grove--that same night! Crest White Strips Smiles: Petro Zillia designer Noni Tochterman and Nick Verreos at The Grove I was invited by my fabulous friends from S.PR to attend "CoOp Barneys New York presents Fashion @ The Grove", also dubbed a "fashion show under the stars". Anything S.PR puts on is DIVINE and always done right, so I knew I had to attend. It was to be a great evening to witness the latest and most stylish for Spring/Summer 2009 from featured LA and NYC designers like Alexander Wang, Trovata, Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent, APC, Petro Zillia and many more.I Want That Trench: Scene from the runway of "Fashion @ The Grove" fashion show My "date" that night was my friend, Raymundo Baltazar, who was on my season of Project Runway, who actually held one of the first fashions shows at The Grove back in 2007 when he was working for Christian Audigier. Normally, as an LA resident, I try and avoid The Grove if at all possible. It's a "Disneyland" of shopping malls and I only visit if say, my family are visiting from out of town. Other than that, it's just "too much". That water fountain in the middle with the "Last Dance" by Donna Summer musical accompaniment always gets me! It's very "mini Vegas". But I was eager to enjoy a fashion show "under The Grove stars" for this one night. We sat front row center and took it all in. I was happy to be seated next to none other than the fabulously chic Monica Corcoran, LA Times Fashion Blogger and consultant for the new Project Runway season. I also spotted across from me, Sam Shipley , formally of Trovata, one of my favorite menswear lines of all time! As you may know, he and design partner, Jeff Halmos, broke from Trovata and began their own line, aptly named Shipley and Halmos. Petro Zillia designer, the colorful Nony Tochterman was there as well as LA Fashion "momma", Miss Cynthia Vincent, who lovingly made fun of me by saying "Oh Mr. TV Star!!!" when she saw me.Reunited...and it Feels So Good: Nick Verreos poses with models Anna Maria Mostrom and his Barbie Model, Chantal Jones, The Grove The show was great! All the models (from LA Models) were perfect and all pros (I spotted my Barbie model, Chantal Jones, as well as others who modeled in the FIDM Debut 2009 Show). The clothing ranged from mini biker chic shrunken leather jackets, to cardigan and bow tied boys to floor sweeping draped jersey dresses. The styling, by Elizabeth Stewart, was exceptional. The models were "done and done" from the cutest hat to the fiercest platform spiked heel. Work those Booties Chantal: Model Chantal Jones on "The Grove" runway This was an LA fashion show at its best. I think I might have just changed my tune towards visiting "The Grove"...Maybe next time my line NIKOLAKI, will be shown "under The Grove" stars.... Click HERE for a great little blurb about the event and fashion show on LA Mag.com.

1 Response to "NICK APPEARANCES.....Nick Verreos at Fashion At The Grove"

a said...

Chantal and Eugena, blond and brunette Barbies.

Just sayin'...