Recent Trend

FIDM.....FIDM OC Open House 2009: RECAP

1
Tag Me: Nick Verreos poses with the fashion designers of tomorrow at the FIDM OC Open House This weekend, I took a nice one hour drive--from Los Angeles to lovely Orange County--yes, home of beautiful Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Lauren Conrad (OK, she left "The OC" A LONG TIME AGO!!!), and home of design house St. John as well as TONS of surf and active wear companies. Located in the city of Irvine is the pink-a-licious Clive Wilkinson designed Orange County campus of the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising/FIDM. Woof Woof: Nick Verreos and David Paul pose with Benny--in his crystal-encrusted bag I brought along David, my NIKOLAKI Co-designer and our beloved dog, Benny. I have made several appearances at this FIDM campus and I always bring Benny--much to the delight of the wonderful OC Campus staff. In fact, every time I get there, everyone literally says "Oh Hi Nick, welcome back....Where's our little Benny!!!!???" When he's around, I am "chopped liver".Magazine Rack Overload: The FIDM Orange County Library Magazine Section The reason I was in the OC over the weekend was for FIDM Orange County's "Open House", when the campus opens its doors to high school students, their parents, as well as college graduates, interested in an education and having a career in fashion. I situated myself in the school's spacious and loft-like library and "set up Camp Nick", signing autographs, taking photos and giving lots of advice. At one point, I was holding court with an attentive audience of over 25 kids and their parents, as I explained my path to a fashion design career and how FIDM became an integral catalyst to it. Of course, I made a point to remind EVERYONE about the premiere of Season 6 of Project Runway and the fact that FIDM was going to be the new "home" for the show--in terms of where the new designers would be working. Nick Verreos and David Paul--with Benny--pose with Michael Mirabella of FIDM Orange County It was so much fun meeting everyone, hearing their concerns and questions and hopefully, being there to an answer them. Most left with a big warm "Thank You Nick!" so I hope I helped them just a little bit. I always enjoy coming to FIDM Orange County and visiting my friends here--especially Michael Mirabella, its Director of Admissions and his amazing staff. But I think Benny enjoys it even more since he's always really THE STAR when he visits in his crystal-encrusted doggy purse. I guess I'm not the only one who loves FIDM OC, Benny does too!!!

1 Response to "FIDM.....FIDM OC Open House 2009: RECAP"

Ashlee Alana ♥ said...

Loved when you and Chantal came to SD campus!!