Recent Trend

NICK APPEARANCES.....BoxEight Fashion:Refocus Event

1
Just Another Sunday Night In Downtown LA...Housewives Meets Baywatch Meets Project Runway: Traci Bingham, designer Michael Costello, Tamra Barney and Nick Verreos at BOXeight Fashion:Refocus event This last weekend, BOXeight, in conjunction with Flaunt Magazine and l.a. models, presented Fashion : Refocus, a weekend of designer installations, live Spring/Summer 2010 look book photo shoots and overall, nightly fashion "partying". Janica and Her Mohawk: Model Janica in Jerell Scott's Perter Gurnz photo installation I was busy all weekend working (no rest for the "designer-wicked") but on Sunday, I opened a little window in my schedule when Alison Nieder, Executive Editor of California Apparel News, emailed and said "You wanna come with me and be my date?" Of course! The Next Chanel Iman: Model at BOXeight Fashion:Refocus event On Sunday, four designers, Kucoon, Jerell Scott (Project Runway Alumn), Linda Antico and Michael Costello were having photo shoots in various sets within the BOXeight Downtown Los Angeles "compound". Jerell Post Apocalyptic: Jerell Scott and model We walked in and immediately, I was taken aback by these post-apocalyptic exaggerated Mohawk hairstyles on a few of the models walking around. I soon discovered these were designer Jerell Scott's "girls". BOXeight poster boy, the hot Peter Gurnz was photographing Jerell's line and the stage as well as the fashions were, "Giving You!". Peter asked me "Why am I not shooting YOUR line?" I wondered why he didn't call me also? Maybe next time. I guarantee that my gowns and his photos would produce "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR" G-L-A-M-O-U-R kiddies!Costello Pose: Michael Costello photo installation, BOXeight Fashion:Refocus event Alison and I soon made our way from set to set and stumbled upon Michael Costello, a Palm Springs-based designer whom I met the week before at a Downtown Los Angeles Fashion Week event. A fellow Greek, cute and such a sweet guy, I was "done and done". His set was styled to parallel his Palm Springs Boutique. Give A Look: Lifetime's Models of The Runway Tanisha Harper and designer Michael Costello All of a sudden I spotted a familiar face--and body--the one and only Tanisha Harper, model from Lifetime Network's Model's Of The Runway. She was one of the models in Michael's BOXeight photo shoot. After a bit of "little girl screaming" (OK, from me!), I let her do her job and pose for the photographer's camera! A couple of Michael's clients were on hand to support: Actress Traci Bingham as well as one of the Real Housewives of Orange County, Tamra Barney. Both were looking VERY bust-a-licious in their Michael Costello cocktail dresses. Yep, this was my Sunday night in Downtown LA! See you next time kiddies!

1 Response to "NICK APPEARANCES.....BoxEight Fashion:Refocus Event"

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it