Recent Trend

TRAVELING IN STYLE.....Pelican Hill Resort Newport Coast Orange County

1
Resort Rewind...OC Style!Welcome to your Bungalow: Nick Verreos stands in the entrance of his one-night Bungalow About two months ago, I was invited to Irvine, CA on two occasions within the same week: First to do a LIVE segment promoting Style Week OC on Good Day LA TV Show and then, to host Style Week Orange County 2009 and judge the fabulous Ezekiel Needle and Thread Competition. Bienvenue: David Paul at the entrance of one of the Pelican Hill Resort Bungalows Both separate times, the clients put myself and my trusty NIKOLAKI design partner--and unofficial president of the "Nick Verreos Fanclub"--David Paul, in the most GORGEOUS Pelican Hill Resort. I have been waiting for the right time to get in a "resort feeling" to show some of the photos here on my blog--and no better time than now, during the Thanksgiving Weekend when all your are supposed to do is relax and do nothing. I wish I was THERE now, doing just that!Style Week OC Runway: Nick Verreos hosting Style Week OC, September 2009 Words do not describe the immensity of this resort. The Pelican Hill is located in Newport Coast, not far from my Style Week OC Appearance, which was at the Irvine Spectrum Shopping Center. From the minute you drive up, it is FIVE STAR VIP treatment all the way. In fact, I asked the front desk staff (who were extremely accommodating) if the Pelican Hill was indeed a Five-Star Resort---and if it wasn't, well, then it is under the new "Nick Verreos Five Star Resort Resort Style Guide"! They told me that it wasn't even rated yet! (well those Zagat and Michelin people better get to it!) . The lobby even smells like a million bucks! (it is scented with its own unique Pelican Hill Resort scent, I kid you not!)Pelican Hill Resort Bungalow Living Room We stayed at a sumptuous Bungalow Suite, about the size of my Downtown LA NIKOLAKI studio (about 2,000 square feet): There was an entry foyer room, full living room, dining area and mini bar area, sofas galore to relax in, two HUGE flat screen TVs, a full separate bedroom, large sunning balconies and closets that actually could fill up all my Gucci belts, YSL boots and Top Shop jackets! (did I just drop THREE labels?). I don't normally take photos at the hotels I stay during all my travels but I couldn't resist!Master Bedroom at a Pelican Hill Resort Bungalow The piece de resistance of the Bungalow were the bathrooms: One smaller full one (for guests I assume) and a Master one with a huge sunken jacuzzi tub, full shower, double sinks...I could go on and on. It was simply the most gorgeous Resort Suite I had ever stayed at. In fact, upon entering, I quickly called EVERY close friend in Los Angeles and said "You better get your you-know-what down here and spend a night in the OC!" Alas, they didn't want to drive the (with traffic) hour+ drive. So, we had it all to ourselves. But it was such a tease: We only stayed for one night both times! Infinity Caesar: Nick Verreos enjoys the Pelican Hill Resort Coliseum Pool We even dined at the lovely Pelican Grill and got to swim (OK, maybe just stand and relax) in the HUGE 136 foot Coliseum Pool which features ONE MILLION glass mosaic tiles that were laid by HAND! (I know, shut up!). We had an amazing stay and I was missing it the minute we drove away. Maybe some day in the future we can take some more R & R time from my crazy busy schedule and enjoy the Pelican Hill Resort once again. This time, I am NOT leaving that pool!Goodnight Mr. Verreos: This was waiting for me upon my return from my hosting and judging duties--Turndown Service a la Pelican Hill Resort Happy Thanksgiving Weekend kiddies and take the time to relax...I'll try.

1 Response to "TRAVELING IN STYLE.....Pelican Hill Resort Newport Coast Orange County"

Karla Ross said...

Glad you love the resort!Join us on Facebook and always be in the know for music and entertainment at Pelican Hill at http://bit.ly/facebookpelicanhill