Recent Trend

NICK APPEARANCES.....2010 Premios Juventud, Chica Orbit: RECAP Part 2

1
THE Dress, The Blue Carpet, the After Party, My Twin...and SHAKIRA video!!!One More Photo Please: Chica Orbit (in Nick Verreos for Orbit Gum Dress) and Nick Verreos, 2010 Premios Juventud Well, the day finally arrived: After several days in Miami, filled with fittings, alterations, adding last minute crystals and some hot-and-humid Miami Premios Juventud pre-events, of course, Thursday was upon us!Presenting Orbit: Nick Verreos before going onto the blue carpet, 2010 Premios Juventud
It was going to be VERY HOT out on the "blue carpet" and so I decided to wear a white jacket, white dress shirt, purple TopMan skinny pants (they were a hit!) , an Etro silk pocket scarf, and I even had David Paul (my Nikolaki partner) make me a custom Orbit Gum Logo Swarovski pin for my lapel (very cute!). Chica Orbit was radiant in my creation: The dress fit perfectly, she looked gorgeous and when she put on the earrings and held her clutch, well, I was a proud Premios Juventud "Prom date"! We were ready to go...In the waiting area, I ran into a bunch of kids who just happened to be the back-up singer/dancers for Shakira's "Waka Waka (This Time For Africa)" performance which opened the awards show. Some of them recognized me from Project Runway and were big fans so of course we took photos! Now onto the Blue Carpet: Chica Orbit in Nick Verreos Custom for Orbit, 2010 Premios Juventud Here's a view of the Chica Orbit in my "Orbit Print" dress, showing the draped cowl back. In addition to the cocktail dress, the clutch, the earrings and other accessories, I also made a custom pocket scarf, using another print from Orbit's new "retro" collection. Univision's "Fashionista" from El Gordo y la Flaca, Rodner Figueroa (who co-hosted the Pre-Show), wore it.
My Twin? Not Me: Mario Domm (center) of the Mexican band, Camila
During my entire time in Miami, at least TEN people stopped me (on the street, airport workers, even at the Premios Juventud blue carpet!) asking me if I was Mario Domm from the band Camila? I didn't even know who they were (I'm a bit late with the Latin soft-rock music world!) but when I almost got in a fight with a cab driver who INSISTED that I was him, I finally had to Google him to see for myself who my doppelganger was. I guess it's the hair, the skin color and the beard. I'm flattered since I'm sure I could be his (very) older brother! I wonder if he ever gets asked "Are you Nick Verreos from Project Runway?". Doubt it! (laugh out loud)
The After Party: The Scene at the Biltmore Hotel Ballroom, 2010 Premios Juventud After Party Following the blue carpet, we went straight to our seats and watched the entire show. In case you don't know: It was THE highest rated program on Thursday night, beating out ALL four major networks and it was the No. 1 topic on Twitter WORLDWIDE that night! After the show, we got in a special bus, which transported us to the Official Premios Juventud After Party at the historic Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. The Biltmore Ballroom was set up with a dance floor, a DJ, several Open Bars, and even Cirque du Soleil-like dancers/performers in hyper-shocking costumes. Waiters also -passed around delicious hors d'oeuvres like chicken mini quesadillas, fried jumbo shrimp and burger sliders, were passed around for the guests to enjoy. Novela Chica and Chico: Chica Orbit, Rosario Abarca and Mexican actor Eugenio Siller, Biltmore Hotel 2010 Premios Juventud After Party It seemed like "everyone who was everyone"--except maybe Enrique Iglesias and Shakira--were there! I spotted lots of those Mexican Galanes--heartthrob soap-opera actors--and my date , the Chica Orbit was happy when I "forced" her to take photos with them! Nuestra Bellezas: Designer Dannette Sotero, Nick Verreos and Melissa Marty, Biltmore Hotel 2010 Premios Juventud After Party I was also excited to run into Melissa Marty, Nuestra Belleza 2008, who co-hosted a Despierta America Sears segment with me last year. She looked very sexy in a fitted color-blocked dress. I just love her; she was SO sweet and SO happy to see me (and visa versa). Chica Orbit and I ended the night by meeting-and-greeting the "Orbit Gum Girls" who were at the 2010 Premios Juventud After Party, handing out lots of Orbit Gum! Love those bags. Must get one for my next trip to Miami Beach! Until next time kiddies. The EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS:
Chica Orbit and Nick Verreos Make An Entrance:
Shakira Madness on the "blue carpet":
Shakira "Waka Waka (This Time For Africa)" Performance:

1 Response to "NICK APPEARANCES.....2010 Premios Juventud, Chica Orbit: RECAP Part 2"

Anonymous said...

Great post Nick! Wish I could have gone to PJ..maybe next year :)