Recent Trend

FIDM.....FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012": RECAP!

1

A Dad Runway Walk-Off, NIKOLAKI Couture and My First Ever Autograph on a...

 Coral Fab: Nick Verreos, FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012"

Last week was the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising/Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion" Finale--at the Downtown Los Angeles Campus. I had the honor of making a "special visit" at all the other campuses, including FIDM Orange County, FIDM San Diego, as well as FIDM San Francisco. So this was my last stop for the Summer of 2012. Naturally, I had to end FIDM's "Summer Fashion Camp" with a Style Bang!!

Summer Style: Nick Verreos and "3 Days of Fashion 2012" attendee, FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012"

I arrived with two of my favorite models--Amanda Fields and Lauren Gish, some of my NIKOLAKI Collection gowns and dresses, and my NIKOLAKI design partner--and better half--David Paul (to take all these fun blog pics as well as tend to all our precious dresses and help the models get ready backstage!). We were ready for some "3 Days of Fashion" runway fun. After my introduction, I went right into the 300+ audience of high school students (and some parents)--and I asked where the moms and dads were...

Dad Runway: Nick Verreos schools the dads on Runway , FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012" (notice the dad on the right!)

I followed with "Will the dads stand up?". Then I got this idea: why not have a "FIDM 3 Days of Fashion Runway Walk-Off"...with the dads! Done and done.

Dad Runway: Nick Verreos, FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012"

I called up all the fathers in the audience, and after a little coaxing, they all came up. I proceeded to then give them a mini "Nick Lesson" in runway walking and then it was all up to them. Their wives and daughters in attendance went WILD and so did the rest of the "3 Days of Fashion" audience. This was not on the "agenda" so I was nervous that A) the dads would be "game" and B) their daughters wouldn't turn bright red from the embarrassment.

Smiling-but nervous dads: Nick Verreos hosts the First EVER FIDM "3 Days of Fashion" Dad Runway Walk-Off, FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012"

Needless to say, it was all good; the dads did MARVELOUSLY.  Take a look at these two top Dad Runway Pros:

 Hands on the Hips, Boys: Dads work it at FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012"

 Next up were the REAL models...
Golden Amanda: Model Amanda Fields in NIKOLAKI by Nick Verreos/David Paul Spring 2013 gold silk chiffon and paillette gown,  FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012"

I brought several of my NIKOLAKI COUTURE gowns and dresses for the FIDM "3 Days of Fashion" attendees to enjoy--modeled by two of my favorite Los Angeles-based runway superstars--Amanda Fields and Lauren Gish, who incidentally happen to be on my website and Look Book, as well.

 Fierce and Fabulous: Model Amanda Fields in NIKOLAKI by Nick Verreos/David Paul Spring 2013 gold sequin column gown, FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012"

Printed Chiffon Goddess: Model Amanda Fields in NIKOLAKI by Nick Verreos/David Paul Spring 2013 silk chiffon printed halter-style gown with hand-beaded applique-and-beaded trim

Le Wedding: Model Lauren Gish models NIKOLAKI by Nick Verreos/David Paul ivory silk ziberline "mermaid" gown with crystal-waist trim--FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012"

Sequined Princess: Model Lauren Gish in NIKOLAKI by Nick Verreos/David Paul Spring 2013 black-and-silver paillette cowl blouson gown with high slit and attached capelet--FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012" (we're trying to do the "Angelina Jolie" pose on the top right photo!)

After the mini-NIKOLAKI fashion show and my Nick "No Should've, Would've, Could've" Talk--there was a raffle with some of the lucky attendees winning some fabulous FIDM tote bags--signed by the models, other special "3 Days of Fashion" lecturers--and me (of course!)...
 
Bag Fab: Nick Verreos and one of the winners of the FIDM totebag--FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012"

 And Miss FIDM 3 Days of Fashion 2012 is.....

Then--as it has become tradition--it was time for my "Nick Meet-and-Greet" where I took many, many photos and signed autographs--I asked some of the attendees to Tweet me their pics so here are some of the best---plus several from my own camera:




You Better Tag Me: Nick Verreos poses with FIDM Los Angels "3 Days of Fashion 2012" attendees

Oh and did I mention that I had my first "sign my upper chest" autograph request? Yep:
 

And she was one of the mommies! PS: LOVE the mommies. 
Thanks EVERYONE for a fantastic and very successful FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012"--See you next year!! (I hope!)

1 Response to "FIDM.....FIDM Los Angeles "3 Days of Fashion 2012": RECAP!"

Anonymous said...

Yeay! That's my cousin in the first pic!! So cute & talented!