Recent Trend

PROJECT RUNWAY....."Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Marie Claire July 2014 Fashion Spread

1
Latino Couple: Winning Designer and Mentor: (L to R) Oscar Garcia-Lopez and Nick Verreos, Silver Lake neighborhood, Los Angeles Marie Claire U.S. Magazine photo-shoot

As you know, back in April, I was on Lifetime Network's "Project Runway: Under The Gunn"--a Reality Competition TV Show hosted by Tim Gunn with Project Runway All Stars Winner Mondo Guerra and Project Runway Season 9 Winner Anya Ayoung-Chee, and myself Mentoring up-and-coming designers, guiding and helping them through many "Project Runway"-like design challenges until there was one winning designer and one winning mentor.  After a very trying season, my only remaining designer--the VERY talented Oscar Garcia-Lopez--won...

Marie Claire U.S. July 2014 Cover

Soooo.....I also won as the Top Mentor of "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" (YEAYYY!!!). One of the prizes I was to get was my own "Photo Spread" in Marie Claire Magazine. I was very excited at this since I could possibly feature my NIKOLAKI designs and subsequently have the Marie Claire readers get a chance to see my designs. Well kids, there was indeed a Marie Claire Photo Spread that I was part of but it was Oscar's photo spread (which indeed was one of the several prizes he got from winning the show)...

SERIIIIIIOUUUUSLEEE: Oscar Garcia-Lopez and Nick Verreos, Silver Lake neighborhood, Los Angeles Marie Claire U.S. Magazine photo-shoot

I found this out when I was told that the Marie Claire photo spread was happening but that I was just asked to show up, dressed and ready with no need for any of my designs.
Oscar Garcia-Lopez--Marie Claire U.S. Magazine Project Runway: Under The Gunn Oscar Garcia-Lopez photo spread, Silver Lake Los Angeles

Naturally, I was sad that I didn't get my own photo shoot, but I also was thrilled to be part of Oscar's Winning Marie Claire photo spread since he--after all was the BIG winner; and as a bonus, it was a chance to see Oscar since I ADORE him! This photo spread is out and on the newsstands in the Marie Claire July 2014 issue (with cover girl, actress Mila Kunis.)

The Marie Claire July 2014 "Under The Gunn" Photo Spread:
"Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Winning Designer Oscar Garcia-Lopez  Photo-Spread, Marie Claire U.S. July 2014
Photographer Emman Montalvan, Fashion Editor Sue Choi

 Here are some Behind-The-Scenes Pics I took during the shoot:
Fashion Trunk: One of the trunks that had Oscar's winning creations shipped to the L.A. photo spread location in Los Angeles

Model Fab:
 Nick Verreos with model Polina Protodyakonova (from Photogenics)--Marie Claire July 2014 "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" photo shoot, Silver Lake Los Angeles

Model Polina Protidyakonova in a batwing silver lame top and skinny trousers from "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" winning designer Oscar Garcia-Lopez--Marie Claire U.S. Magazine Project Runway: Under The Gunn Oscar Garcia-Lopez photo spread, Silver Lake Los Angeles

Oscar, The Rack and Accessories:
 Oscar holding up his "Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Finale Collection grape-colored gown--Marie Claire U.S. Magazine Project Runway: Under The Gunn Oscar Garcia-Lopez photo spread, Silver Lake Los Angeles

 The Rack--Marie Claire U.S. Magazine Project Runway: Under The Gunn Oscar Garcia-Lopez photo spread, Silver Lake Los Angeles

 The Jewelry and Shoes--Marie Claire U.S. Magazine Project Runway: Under The Gunn Oscar Garcia-Lopez photo spread, Silver Lake Los Angeles

 Fashion Editor Sue Choi--Marie Claire U.S. Magazine Project Runway: Under The Gunn Oscar Garcia-Lopez photo spread, Silver Lake Los Angeles

 Leaving the Shoot: Nick Verreos--Silver Lake Los Angeles

Winning Twosome: (L to R) Winning Mentor and Designer of "Project Runway: Under The Gunn", Nick Verreos and Oscar Garcia-Lopez--Marie Claire U.S. Magazine, Silver Lake Los Angeles

1 Response to "PROJECT RUNWAY....."Project Runway: Under The Gunn" Marie Claire July 2014 Fashion Spread"

Society Cleaners said...

I love it!!!! I am so proud of such an amazing achievement!!!! You are a very talented man. Keep on moving up!!!!